If you travel by car, it is advisable to park at one of the Park&Rides.
If you will spend the night in Ghent and the hotel has its own parking facilities, keep in mind that the route and the surrounding area will not be accessible by car between 6:30 pm and 00:30 am (on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday) and between 5:30 pm and 00:30 am (on Sunday).
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact your hotel or other accommodations.
Low emission zone
If you travel by car or if you drive a bus, you should check whether you can enter the low emission zone (foreign number plates, with the exception of Dutch number plates, must always be registered).
- P+R Expo-The Loop: free parking, 2500 spaces, easy connection to the city and back by tram (paid) + shared bicycles (paid)
- P+R Watersportbaan/Blaarmeersen: free parking, 1200 spaces, free shuttle service to the city centre
- P+R Weba/Decathlon: free parking, 800 spaces, free shuttle service to the city centre
- P+R Oostakker: free parking, easy connection to the city centre and back by bus (paid) + shared bicycles (paid)
- Ghelamco: 5 euro per day, easy connection to the city centre and back by bus)
Paid parking in the city centre
There are several underground car parks in the city centre.
Please keep in mind that Parking Sint-Michiels , parking Vrijdagmarkt and parking Ramen will not be available during the Light Festival.
Tip: The parking spaces in the streets in and around the city centre will be reserved for local residents.
Number of spaces available
You can check the number of spaces still available in the car parks and P&Rs in real time www.verkeer.gent.